I may not have a lot of purses, but the ones I do are definitely good quality. The essence of a purse lies in its fabric and leather is the main ingredient to create the perfect purse.
Well, my husband seems to get this feminine topic so, two years ago he bought me this amazing leather purse for Christmas. But, since no wonder lasts forever, neither did this bag. Well, the bag is still functional but the strap looks like it’s been chewed up by my dog. The leather cracked on the handles and I couldn’t wear it anymore. Yes, I could change the strap but it would’ve cost me over $100 and the color didn’t match. Waste of time and money!
But, one day I was scrolling on Facebook and I found this interesting article on how to restore your leather purse handles which helped me a lot in fixing the cracked leather on my purse handles.
- Leather filler
- Damp cloth
- Smooth sandpaper
- Leather repair paste
How to proceed:
- Place a small pinch of leather filler on your finger and apply it into the cracked locations within the leather purse handles.
- Wipe the excess leather filler with a damp cloth and wait for one hour for the filler to completely dry.
- Apply light pressure to the repaired area with a piece of very fine sandpaper in order to smooth out the surface.
- Squeeze a small pinch of leather repair paste onto your finger and apply it to the sanded-down area. This will give your leather item a restored glow. Make sure the leather paste you purchase matches the color of your purse strap.
- Allow the repaired leather handles to dry overnight, before using the purse.
For further information you can watch the below video: